Freedom in Christ- You are NEVER too far gone

Something I've dealt with my whole life, but even more so recently is being hard on myself. I've found myself spiraling into full on meltdowns because I feel guilty for something I did, or a feeling I felt.

I think back to a particular incident that only occurred a little while ago. I was irritable, I was angry, and I was upset with myself for snapping at my sister. I stormed into my room, laundry basket in hand, and dropped it abruptly on the floor, whispering under my breath... well... a word that I should not have spoken. And then I burst into tears. I sobbed in guilt and shame for the way I had been acting recently and for what I had just said. That night I asked Jesus forgiveness, and the beautiful thing is, he forgave me immediately. 

Looking back on the afternoon now, I am astonished at something God has revealed to me...God loves ALL OF ME. He willingly loves me sitting pretty in church, and he WILLINGLY loves the broken girl crying in her room, curse words streaming through her brain (and some out her mouth). God sees my brokenness, more than anybody. He sees me drowning in my sin BUT instead of condemning me and letting me drown, he reaches his hand out to pull me out of my sea of sin. Man, oh man, I am so grateful for God's grace.

 When we let God pull us out of our sin, he tells us to leave the guilt behind and to live our lives to honor Him!  "Therefore there is no condemnation in those who are in Christ Jesus", says Romans 8:1. In Galatians 5:1 Paul writes "For freedom in Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore and do not submit again to the yoke of slavery". Through Christ you are able to live a life of joy and freedom from your sin! And guess what?! You are never too far gone to have this freedom. One of my favorite Bible stories is the parable of the prodigal son. Though the prodigal son abandons His father and runs away, when he comes back, the father doesn't act out of anger or behave coldly toward his son. Rather, he rejoices in His return! 

"But while he was still a long way off, his father saw Him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. And the son said to him; "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son." But the father said to his servants, 'Bring quickly the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. And bring the fattened calf and kill it and let us celebrate.For my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is now found.' And they began to celebrate"

Just like the father in the story, God is waiting for you to return to Him. He is running to you when he sees you in the distance. God loves you so much and wants a relationship with you. He wants to save you from your sin and give you a life of freedom! You are never too far gone! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=11EzxeEeQLicEBXruOP_1J1M44HYQHuvJ











Comments

Popular Posts