Dear Landrum Highschool...



 Landrum High School has meant so much to me. Going into Freshman year I wasn't too nervous because I had already spent the past two Falls practically living there during band season, and I had spent several summer days there as a little girl at mini cheer camp.

 I remember the excitement of my first day as a Freshman at LHS. I remember the afternoon before a football game in October when I told my best friends that this would be our last school year together. I remember the days I hated being there, and the days I was giddy with joy to see my friends.  

 One of my favorite memories are the rounds I made in the cafeteria every morning talking to my different groups of friends, and speaking to our Assistant Principal who had become a pal of mine. 

I love to look back on the last Summer's basketball practices that later turned into a great freshman season full of progress and passion. I love to look back on dressing up for Spirit Week along with the rest of the school. I don't love to look back and on being the only wearing an ugly Christmas sweater on Ugly Christmas Sweater Day  (yeah... kinda embarrassing). 

At first the fact that I would not graduate from Landrum High School did not feel real. Earlier in the year I would bring it up, numb to the reality of the situation and my friends would get upset with me. Now, the closer I get to leaving, the more real it becomes. 

The Lord has blessed me this past school year with incredible teachers, coaches and friends (old and new). He has blessed me with memories that will forever be in my heart, and bumps in the road that turned into lessons that I will remember forever.

Though the pain is not exactly the same, I feel like many seniors did this year. 
I missed out. 
I missed out on my last months of school at Landrum High School. I missed out on saying proper goodbyes to many friends. I am going to miss out on prom and graduating with my best friends since second grade.

But, this is not a pity party. As bitter this new reality is, I have found sweetness in it as well. I am excited to be apart of a new school, and to make new memories and new friends. I am excited to meet new people that I will be spending the next three years with. I am excited for the adventure of exploring a new town with a different pace and culture.  I truly believe that the Lord has an incredible plan for this new part of my life, and a purpose behind it. I love God with all my heart and I will continue to walk with Him through this season of life.

I want my dear friends and teachers at Landrum High School to know that they will forever have a place in my heart. I want to thank ya'll for everything you have done for me. I will be back to support my friends for wrestling season, and basketball season, and everything in between. I will be back to see your beautiful faces. I am not going to forget you (because dang it...I love ya'll too much) .  

At my core I will always be a Landrum Cardinal and I will forever have Cardinal Pride.































Comments

Popular Posts