Your Standards are NOT Too High

Your Standards are NOT Too High

I have high standards when it comes to guys. In case you are curios here they are:

  • He has to love Jesus 
  • He needs to be at least my height but preferably taller
  • He needs to be cute (obviously haha)
  • Do at least one sport
  • Sing "High School Musical" songs with me
  • Have a good sense of humor & can make me laugh
  • Use his yes sirs and yes mams, no sirs and no mams
 Some people reading this are probably thinking "That's cute. But, there is no such thing as a guy who will meet your qualifications." Well, I'm here to tell you that I don't believe that, and you shouldn't either (though there are somethings more important than others on that list). Let me start off by saying, your worth is not found in a guy, or your grades, or your imperfections, it is found in Christ. Jesus died for you on the cross, and loves you more than any  man can. That is the love your worth should be 
found in.  1 Peter says, "For you know that it was not by perishable things like silver or
gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life of your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect." Only Jesus can save you, and only Jesus is capable of keeping you truly fulfilled. Through him you and I can be made worthy. So look no further, go to God, and spend time in his word. Don't go "looking" for a boyfriend. Pray for your future husband. When it's time for you to meet you, God will make it happen. Now I'm not saying to
never look at a guy, or talk to one. It is always nice to keep your eyes open and look at your options. I mean, you aren't going to meet a anyone that meets your expectations without talking to them first. But don't lower your standards just so you can say, "I have a date with my boyfriend Timmy tonight," (I don't know why I wrote Timmy, just go with it).  I'm also not saying he has to be perfect, because only Jesus is. People (including me, and you and everyone else on this planet right now) sin and mess up. Find someone who meets your expectations, someone who will respect you, and who will love you, and who will lead you closer to Christ. You know why? That is what you deserve, because you are masterpiece made by God.

 I love ya girly, and God loves you too! Type to ya later...

Comments

Popular Posts