My Morning Routine// Four Ways to Make Your Mornings Better!

Image result for good morning clip art
Weekday mornings are not always my favorite thing. While, I am a morning person (I very rarely sleep past 8:00 even on the weekends), it isn't customary for me to leap out of bed when my alarm-aka my mom- wakes me up. But whether you wake up at 5:00 every morning by choice, or you wish mornings just weren't a thing, this is my morning routine and some tips and tricks to make your morning more enjoyable:

When I wake up at 6:00, I pray about my day. I thank God for giving me another chance to serve Him and loving me always. Then I make my way downstairs to eat my breakfast. I eat breakfast whether I am hungry or not for two reasons:  1) my blood sugar will drop and I will not be dizzy and not function, and 2) breakfast food is delicious! Some of my favorite things to eat for breakfast include: my favorite cereal-Captain Crunch, a toasted bagel with cream cheese, Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowl, and last but not least, my personal favorite peanut butter and honey toast. Usually once I make my breakfast I will either sit down in the living room and watch whatever is on TV, which is most likely Nick Jr. (which I secretly enjoy) or I will go upstairs and eat as I continue getting ready.

By now it is usually 6:10 and it is time for me to do my quiet time when I sit in my little nook and dive into God' s word. Something I have enjoyed using is this guided faith journal you see on the left. It takes the verse(s) you read that day, and prompts you to think about 4 things:
1. What this verse says is true  about God?
2. What this verse says is true about the world?
3. What this verse says is true about me?
4. How can these truths change my life today?

Once I finish my quiet time (around 6:20) I will get dressed, do my hair and listen to my playlist of worship music and feel-good tunes.  By 6:40, I make my way downstairs, gather up my things (like my lunch I may have made the night before), and will be out the door by 6:50!





My Tips to Make Your Mornings Less Monotonous & More Marvelous:
-Spend time with God... whether that is reading a three minute devotion, or a couple of verses a day. 
-Listen to some good tunes or watch your favorite show (an episode you've seen already) while your getting ready. This will get you in a good mood.
-Eat something yummy. Though you may nit be hungry, eating something in the morning will help you have more energy until lunch.
-Have a GOOD ATTITUDE. This may not always be easy, but sometimes you need to make the best out of a situation. A positive outlook will lead to a positive outcome!

Thank you so much for reading!
Type to you later...


Comments

Popular Posts