Going from Confident to Godfident

Dedicated to my Lady Cardinals, I love you guys so much!

I run down the court to get open on offense. The point guard calls the next play and looks at me. That is the moment my heart stops. She throws me the ball, and I catch it... but then I'm stuck. I'm not only surrounded by the defensive player, but I am consumed by my thoughts.

" You'll never be able to get this."
" Why even try when your not gonna make the shot?"
"You're failing your team."

It is a downward spiral of lies.

 I let the enemy take over.  Finally, I give up, and pass the ball back. Like a turtle going back into it's shell, I let my courage hide away.

My lack of courage and confidence on the court can be a problem. It seems like a small moment of weakness, makes me forget that my worth isn't found in the amount of baskets I've made, but in Jesus! I know His love will fulfill me forever!  Because I have freedom in Him, I can have the courage and the confidence to try my best.

"You can't be afraid to play. Commit to play and you live with the results." -Dabo Swinny

There is power in the name of Jesus! Through Him, we can find complete joy no matter what the score is. Through Him, we can have strength to give 110%. "Surely God is my helper. He is the one who sustains me," Psalm 54:4.

I love you so much and God loves you too. I pray that you will allow him to become your strength, your joy and your confidence.

Type to you later!


Image result for clip art basketball







Comments

Popular Posts