be you

 I used to care a lot about what others think of me, and I think we all tend to do that. And while valuing others opinions isn't a bad thing, it shouldn't be keeping us from doing what we want to do, or what we are called to do. Over the past few months I have seen myself really begin to embrace who God made me to be, and care less about what others think. So, here are some tips/reminders I want to share, to help you be more confident and care less about what others think. 




1. No one cares as much as you do. 

A lot of times we are held back from wearing what we want, doing something we want to do, or say what's on our hearts because we are afraid of others judgement. And as my amazing mama always reminds me, people are going to judge you. It's what they do. But they are not going to spend the rest of their day dwelling on it. People are not thinking about you as much as you think they are :)

P.S. This is also a great thing to remember if you think you have embarrassed yourself. No one is thinking about that moment as much as you are.  Laugh it off, and move on. 

2. Who are you living for?? 

This is a question I have to ask myself a lot. Lets stop living for the approval of others, and rather try to live for the approval of God. When we start following God and doing those things he calls us to do, that is when we are truly serving him.  In John 10:10 Jesus says; "The thief comes to steal and kill and destroy. I came that you may have life and have it abundantly".

When I listen to the lies of Satan, I am held back from living the abundant life Christ has for me. Break the habit of wondering what others will think, and replace that with wondering what God will think. Will this bring glory to Him?


3. You are created different for a reason

God created everyone, including you with an intentional purpose. He made us all differently for a reason.  Stop trying to be like someone else, and begin embracing who God made you to be. You are beautiful, "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139) and have something awesome to bring to the world! 


4.Comfort Zones are Lame

Well, what else can I say?! Living inside you comfort zone is so overrated. Life is so much more fun when you take that leap of faith out of your comfort zone.This may look differently for everyone. It may be, speaking up about something you care about, wearing that outfit you love but aren't sure if others will, or starting that big project you have dreamed about, but have been too afraid to start. My friend, whatever it is... do it!

Thank you so much for reading! I pray this encouraged you to step out of your comfort zone, and start living confidently in who God made you to be! If you want, leave a comment below saying how you're going embrace who God made you to be this week, and  we can talk about it! I am so excited! I love you! Type to ya later....


Comments

Popular Posts