How To survive the last month of school

★How to Survive the Last Month of School★

May. The last month of school. Aka the longest, fastest, and craziest month out of the entire school year. Not only are the students ready to be out of school, but the teachers are too (and I don't blame them). Being a 14 year old girl who is going through the last few weeks of her middle school career, I am SO ready for summer. But, contrary to my wishes, I cannot "fast-forward" through this next month. So, I am helping myself and others answer this question: How can I survive this last month of school (and keep my sanity)?


1. Don't just look forward to summer.
Yes, summer break is only a month away, but thinking about nothing but summer isn't going to do you any good. Not only will it make you more anxious about the last day of school, but it will most likely cause your work ethic to go down hill.  So you might be thinking, well what else can I look forward to? Basically any upcoming event! I don't know about you  but I have tons of exciting events coming as the school year wraps up. Some things that I am choosing to look forward to include; the 8th Grade Dance, Spring band practices, and Awards Day.





2. Do NOT stress yourself out over exams!
I know this may sound hard, but please do not stress about exams. The more you stress about them, the poorer you will perform. Though it is important to study for your upcoming tests, make time for other things too. Sometimes you just need a break.
P.S. Your identity is NOT found in your grades, it is found in Christ! And Jesus will love you no matter what! But still try your best to glorify him in all you do- even exams!



3.Rest
I take my rest very seriously because if I don't get enough sleep it will affect me physically and mentally. Without rest, your academic performance could decline, and so could your motivation. Though it may be tempting to binge the last season of your favorite Netflix show, I suggest to wait until the upcoming weekend.
Image result for sleep



4. Don't Give Up
Not only am I telling this to you, I am telling it to myself. As a matter of fact everyday I have woken up for school this week (granted it is Tuesday when I am writing this), all I can think is:
" I am SO done"
"I am over school"
But thinking these bad thoughts only make me more down in the dumps.I always try to have a good attitude at school, but it does not work if all I do is think about the fact that I do not want to be there. So, I am making it a point to make the most of this last month. I will not give up! I will make it through middle school, not only with good grades but with an amazing, Christ-like attitude. Was that cheesy? Well, yea but it is true. 






Thanks for reading! I hope you all have an awesome last month of school! Type to ya later....

Comments

Popular Posts